The signing of the strategic documents to foster cooperation between the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of Turkmenistan in the framework of the new programme cycle 2021-2025 continues.
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the permanent neutrality, the following documents were signed in Ashgabat, 11 December 2020:
- Memorandum of Understanding on “Cooperation in the field of sustainable development of the electric energy industry” between the Ministry of Energy and UNDP
- “Single window for export-import operations” joint project between State Customs Service UNDP and UNCTAD
- “Capacity building of the Academy of Civil Service under the President of Turkmenistan” joint project between Civil Service Academy and UNDP
- “Assistance in the realization of the National Action Plan of Turkmenistan in the field of human rights for 2021-2025” joint project between Institute of State, Law and Democracy of Turkmenistan and UNDP
- “Strengthening the institutional capacity of the Ombudsperson’s Office of Turkmenistan for 2021-2022” between Ombudsperson’s Office and UNDP
- Extension of the project “Strengthening the trade capacity of Turkmenistan” joint project between the Ministry of Trade and Foreign Economic Relations and UNDP
“Digitization, public administration, governance and human rights are at the heart of the UNDP’s mandate and remain the key dimensions of cooperation with the Government of Turkmenistan in the coming programme period 2021-2025. I am glad to launch the new projects in these areas which will further contribute to achievement of SDGs and human development in Turkmenistan,” noted Ms. Natia Natsvlishvili, UNDP Resident Representative a.i. These were last in the series of signature events between the UNDP and the Government of Turkmenistan taking place as part of the celebrations of 25th anniversary of the permanent Neutrality status of Turkmenistan. In total over 20 cooperation documents have been signed by the parties, that are laying a strong foundation for stepping into the next 5-year programme period from 1 January 2021.
Source: UNDP office in Turkmenistan